Thursday, January 10, 2008

school memories..thoughts..

Yesterday while I was leaving for office, my Mom told me to drop her on the way. It was 10:30 AM on a chilly winter day. I said fine and we left home. We had hardly left the home when I saw a guy riding his bicycle peacefully with a notebook (register) carefully placed in bicycle's carrier. It immediately reminded me of my school days when I used to be in his position riding my Bicycle going to School or Tuitions.

I could not help but compare my situation with my old self. Then, I was a free kid riding my bicycle all around the city fooling around with friends all the time in school, after school and before school. In those days we used to dream about driving a Car or bike some day going to work at 10:30 AM on a winter day rather than waking up at 5:30 AM for tuitions. In those days we used to think what all we could do with the 50 Rupee note that we had got as pocket money which now has no more value than a coffee in barista.

Then we all grew up and achieved most of those small dreams which used to be big for us. And now we take all those dreams for granted. Rather than always craving for more and better we should take some time to appreciate what we have got today. We should learn to respect and admire all those things that we have achieved, all those wishes that were fulfilled which were once our far-fetched dreams. Because what we have got today is the 'more and better' which we craved for yesterday...

3 comments:

Kt said...

oops..quite a serious one but very true :)

Sangfroid said...

Now, I am a free kid riding my bike/car all around the city fooling around with friends all the time in office, after office and before office. :-D Things haven't changed much. wot say ?

though, last para is a tad debatable!

kunal said...

humbling observations ...

although now when on my bike, some days I wish I could be back on the bicycle, going to tuitions :D