Friday, June 8, 2007

18 and still counting

I look back in my life sometimes, to see what I have achieved in last few years the top most thing that comes is Travel. I simply love traveling and it gives me tremendous satisfaction when I realize that I have seen close to 18 cities in these 11 trips in last 4 years. And the numbers are increasing fast :)

Here is a list of trips I made since Dec, 2003. These are the ones I remember as of now. I didnt blog all of them so some trip might have slipped from my mind, but thats unlikely :).

- Kullu/Manali from Delhi
Dec 2003 (with my 2 sisters by road in a Volvo)
- Goa from Hyderabad
Jan 2004 (with 12 friends by road in a Traveller)
- Mysore/OOTY from Bangalore
June 2004 (with Shekhar,Abhinav,Piysuh - during GE internship)

## Then i started blogging :D

- Simla or Shimla from Hyderabad via Delhi/Kanpur
Jan 2005 (with 12 friends, by road in two Qualises - after ACM programming contest)
- Goa from Hyderabad
Jan 2006 (with Amit, Manjeet, Amal, Ketan, Manoj, Vinod, Nitin, by road in Qualis)
- Sri Sailem from Hyderabad
June 2006 (with Amit, Nitin, Manjeet by road in a Indica)
- Bhuvangiri fort in Bhongir
July 2006 (with Gaurav, Nitin, Manoj, by road on Bikes - my Avenger and Nitin's Karizma)
- Pune/Mahabaleshwar/Panchgani from Hyderabad
July-Aug 2006 (with Vidit, Nitin, Rakesh, Nirnimesh, Ketan, Gaurav, by road in Qualis)

#after that I came to Noida

- Rishikesh (Rafting)/Mussourie/Dhanaulti from Noida
Oct-Nov 2006 (with Vikas, Pavan, Abhinav, Jagan, Sreejith by Road in a Qualis)

- Agra/Jaipur/Udaipur from Noida
Dec-Jan 2006-07 (with Sreejith, Ankit by road in Indica)

- Chail from Noida
May 2007 (with Kapil, Priya and Ridhima)


More to come: Plans are up for lonavala/khandala this month (few complications though as always :D) and Badrinath/Valley of flowers in August (planning stage)

Well, Thanks to everyone for accompanying me on these trips and making them more memorable. I already have few more places in Mind - Ladakh/Leh, Munnar, Pondicherry, Shillong, Nainital. Long way to go :))

15 comments:

kunal said...

I envy you!

sandeep said...

@kunal: come on dude, 2-3 trips pe to u were also there..dont envy me ;)

Kapil said...

And I thought I was going places!! Need to catch up with ur numbers.
FYi, I have just been to:
(Haryana, Punjab, U.P., Uttaranchal, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh)..ohh shucks..9 states not 11..in the past 3 years though have covered much more in earlier years of my life..long live the LTC :)
The best part is that I have covered all by road n driven mostly.
Cheers!

sandeep said...

@kapil: Well your list seems bigger because u mentioned states. I was talking just about cities. But offcourse, when you travelled also matters. I travelled to all these places in last 3 years only since I found my love for travelling. And best part - only two of these trips were not self-sponsored :)) .. i wish i could drive as well as you do..have to catch up at that :)) .. next trip we go together, I do the driving :D

Kapil said...

@sandeep :
Think u missed the part in my comment that says that I have covered all in the last 3 yrs only.
The reason I travel by road is coz am passionate for driving..if u have that passion as well, u dont ask but drive...hehe

sandeep said...

@kapil: oops yeah i misread it i guess..thats great..am passionate for driving bro (in law) but problem is I am new to driving (cars) and cant risk lives of those who r sharing the car ;)) on highways..need some more practice i guess..

Kapil said...

The probability of you risking the lives of those who r sharing the car with u is higher than that of finding a dude who would be willing to make this sacrifice for you..and knowing you, the P(1st scenario) tends to zero...haha

Practice will come when u initiate the proces, isnt it? So when ur on NH24, get the most of it..mayb sum1 (read me)..can accompany u :)
I think u will be better off in another 250-500 kms.

sandeep said...

@kapil: yeah I guess and hope so. I have become quiet comfortable with driving though, now I dont find a problem in parking, driving in traffic etc...so when are we going on our next trip ;)) .. btw, I wont call NH24 a highway . One hardly gets to touch 100kmph on that filthy truck-filled and padestrian happy alley..

kapil said...

Next trip :)) yum yum!!!
Funds n time r not a prob since I can b generous enough to compensate for those 2 of your non self sponsored trips!!
Ru game 4 this weekend travel to Palampur? Mayb starting on Thursday evening

Sreejith said...

Nice list chandu! For me, Rishikesh was the best trip ever. Thanks for being there. and if u ever plan to do kerala.. u know whom to call :)

sandeep said...

@kapil : Thanks for ur generosity, but I love Dutch :D . Wts with Palampur ?? will talk to you on phone about that.. but thursday is tough as I have applied for 3 leaves in later half of month...

@sreejith: Rishikesh was indeed an experience of its own. I really loved the variety of things we did from adventure sports to trekking to that adventure that was about to turn into a mis-adventure (but didnt :D) at Dhanaulti. I can even kill to repeat the whole experience.

Kapil said...

Ohhh.my mistake..i meant friday evening..palampur is on the way to Manali..beautiful when temp is around 45 here..wat say??

sandeep said...

not v sure but the plan sure sounds good. It might be difficult to find ppl and permissions ;)) .. lets explore the option anyway . Will call you in evening.

sandeep said...

@neo: looks good :D ..

Anonymous said...

Hey, while searching for widgets for my blog, I stumbled upon www.widgetmate.com and wow! I found what I wanted. A cool news widget. My blog is now showing latest news with title, description and images. Took just few minutes to add. Awesome!