Saturday, November 18, 2006

The gobi paranthas...

Few years back I had never thought that I would like cooking ever in life. But I did. Sometime back when I had lot of extra time to kill I thought of finding a hobby for myself. Cooking looked interesting to me. I could never start full time cooking like some of good chef friends of mine (Ranta, Vidit, Manjeet) who make lots of different things. Ranta for that matter is a passionate cook. He makes Rajma (Dal in his language :P), Rice, Capsicum, etc pretty well. Thanks to them that we had a blast at Manjeet’s place last year once when we all joined hands and cooked lots of things (Rajma, paneer pakoras, Dal etc) and ate like kings.

I was at home once for a month before starting my career full time and had thought to learn cooking from my Mom who is one of the best cooks (Thanks to her that I have grown fat at home :(). I actually made Mooli, Gobi paranthas once at home (OK! I admit that she helped me) and made them well too.

Last Saturday my Mom went to Delhi with my sisters for some shopping (My sister’s marriage is round the corner, so you can guess shopping was for what.) and gave me the RESPONSIBILITY to prepare Chapatis for Dad. Uhu Uhu! Can you digest that. Well I took the challenge.

When Dad came home I asked him whether he would like to have Paranthas or Chapatis in Dinner. Obviously he laughed at me :(. But I still took the challenge. And guess what? I did make decent Gobi Paranthas without Mom around to guide me. Ha! It felt good. 4 Gobi Paranthas, more or less round in shape, with decent looks (un-burnt and stuff) :). It was really a good experience and a good feeling of achievement in the end. When Mom and Sis came back they were amazed with what I had done in their absence.

Time to learn some more things, wanna try??

8 comments:

sumanth said...

I cooked for the first time here. I know exactly how good u must be feeling now. Kudos :)

Anonymous said...

cookin is fun aint it? :D

ranta said...

yo buddy!
way to go...

sandeep said...

@sumanth : yeah the feeling is good..even if the end product is not good, the feeling of eating food cooked by ur hand is different ;)

@mythalez: definitely :)

@ranta: yup long way!!

kunal said...

oye, come to Hyderabad and make gobi-parathas for us too :) ... vidit recently made pakoras for us and they were really good :)

sandeep said...

@kunal: Sure thing dude..i m planning to come in dec..lets have a cooking blast (not cylinder blast) ..

sandeep said...

@ravindra: yeah dude..but there is still a long journey i have to cover before bringing it to a fullstop :)

Anonymous said...

kamine!! kabhi hamein bhi khila dey :(