Monday, February 27, 2006

My Fastest trip

My Bangalore trip this time was my fastest trip ever. I started at 6:30 Hours, Saturday morning from my place and was back home at 8:30 hours, Monday morning. Three days of less sleeping and most talking. I had never experienced this before.

Saturday: We reached Bangalore at 9:05 hours and directly went to Aum Plaza near Residency road. This is the place where interviews were held. I interviewed around 7 people by evening 19:00 hours and then came to our hotel. Taj Gateway, is a cool hotel with nice ambience and delicious food. I called Amal to check his plan and he was happily passing his time with others at upadhyay's place. They told me to come with Kaka to their place but I thought better to stay at hotel itself.

I ordered food, umm! I can still feel it. Paneer Tikka, chicken (bird flu :P), and gajar ka halwa. Ankit called up and I told him to come over. We ate and because I was getting bored alone I went with him to upadhyay's place. Ankit forgot the way to his place and we met them at 'Laddu's'. This stupid bangalore is so crowded that there is no limit. Everywhere we go, you will find people and vehicles. The new Garuda mall has parking till 9th floor. I dont know what people do there. We met at Laddu's and kicked each other. Ranta was wearing a 'hare rama hare krishna' kurta. Imran has got thinner, Upadhyay is soon going to compete Gaurav for long hair. Anubhav also jumped in. We played Cards at upadhyay's place with the new 'dirty 7' game that they taught me. Only those who would sit at Imran's left would win the game :D. Well! thats what happened. The radio was playing cool numbers and it was fun. I finally slept at 12:30 or so at upadhyay's place itself.

At 7:00 in the morning I got up to go back to hotel. I woke everyone up and said goodbyes. I reached Hotel and had a quick nice bath. I ordered breakfast and was full till my neck. We checked out and went to Aum plaza again. I had a long day ahead. Took around 12-13 interviews by 6:45 and everyone left with evening flight. I had delayed my flight to morning so had another night to spend with Bangaloreans.

I met Amal/Ranta/Upadhyay/Kaka on brigade road. They had paid some extra bucks to the headphone shop. So we went there to fight, but that guy was decent and returned the money immediately. We were standing there and discussing what to do for 1/2 hour and concluded that brigade road is so crowded because everyone is roaming like us - thinking where to go :D. Finally we decided to go for dinner. We went to friends restaurant in koramangala which Amal said serves everything delicious. That place was in a small alley but was still pretty crowded. People were waiting outside, guys were driving bikes all over the road, no parking space etc etc. We heard the full 'Roobaroo' song in the car and got into the restaurant. We ordered 3 pastas and could hardly finish them. Aditya and Piyush joined in and ordered 2 more ;). And guess what, they ate the whole of it. Good going guys!!. We were sitting for quiet long. Ranta left at 8:45 with Upadhyay and his bus was late. Upadhyay came back leaving him alone waiting for bus. We were again outside deciding where to go. I was again and again talking about going for a DJ :D somewhere though I was dead tired. Offcourse nobody was taking my idea seriously except Adi who asked - 'seriously mann hai kya jaane ka' to which I said 'hey to , but himmat nahi hai dance karne ki' :D. I was jumping around saying 'come on guys lets go somewhere, a movie or sth'. And yo! we got the plan. Firewall in PVR.

We went to that 'Garuda Mall' (the new one in Bangy, i guess spelling is wrong). It was as usual over-crowded. We could find the parking with lot of difficulty on the ground floor, 3rd floor parking being full :(. Aditya got tickets and we were all waiting and listening to people singing in front of us. It was a demonstration of some music system with audience involvement. People were volunteering to sing. One guy sang 'Aashiq banaya' thinking that he was singing very well, but he sucked :). Just for information, PVR tickets were 160 Rs on saturdays/sundays unlike in hyderabad - 90 Rs. Huh! and still the hall was almost full. The movie was okie/dokie.

Finally Ankit and I came to his place in an auto and for a change the roads were empty at 1:00 AM. Amal and Upadhyay left with Amal ditching me. He was supposed to see me off to airport but I told him to go away :( . I wont forget this Amal ;). I ate Ankit's head for 1 hour or so with V channel playing some crappy english songs . Finally slept at 2:30, woke up at 4:50 and got ready. I disturbed Kaka who was in his deep sleep to drop me to Airport :( . Sorry Kaka!!. I was back home at 8:30 in the morning and slept. Woke up at 11:00 and ran to get ready. Finally reached office at 11:45 and back to work after a long-short weekend :)...

6 comments:

AK-84 said...

wat :-o .. u interviewing ppl?? mera bhi le lo plz.. [-o< .. Didn't know that soo many seniors have finally landed up in Bangalore..

AK-84 said...

Not to be confused with nething else, I meant, mera bhi 'INTERVIEW' le lo.. :-)

Adi said...

hey hey chandu .. u should mention in bold that i finished the pasta before piyush [;)] Its ok pj !!!
and dude .. we didnt go to Garuda .
but my beloved Forum da

sandeep said...

sreejith: man!! you have sth in gurgaon thats nowhere in south so be happy and content

AK: leloonga beta kabhi mauka to do :P

adi: sorry dude will remember next time..editing is pain. :)

Rajkumar said...

guess what this guy came back as said .. interviewing sucks ... lolz ...

sandeep said...

rajkumar : it really does :))