Saturday, September 3, 2005

long time no post

Well! I have already written quiet a lot of crap regarding 'not posting', 'not getting time' etc...and if I start with same thing again and again people will continue complaining to me about the lack of different topics in my blog. Many people had a 'misconception' that I used to write only about studies and fyp. But thats not entirely true. But anyways, the point is: today I took my time off from all the trivial things in life and came for a change. This is my first (dont know whether it will be last) saturday in office.

We got up quiet late (around 8:30) and after the daily stuff ;) I started reading newspapers with my computer singing songs for me in the background. At 10:15 Nitin told me that I should get ready fast or else I will be left at home :( . This was the first time when I 'washed clothes' (remember I was talking about 'trivialities' of life) and took bath within half an hour. I think I should go for Guiness book of records. Anyways, I got ready by 10:50 and we left.

Manjeet as usual was in sleeping mood, so he did not come with us. We had to go to the bank for some work so we got down at Cyber tower. We usually take our 'weekend breakfasts' at Aditya restaurant in Madhapur but then we thought why not go to Windows of the world when we are already in Cyber tower. So we ate dosas and idlis and Nitin gave all sorts of fundas of becoming a perfect south indian by eating idlis in the morning. Dixit had 'other' plans of stabbing Nitin in the back (long and secret story ;)) so he did not take breakfast.

Gaurav and I had already made up our minds few days back that we would go to office on saturday which came as a shock to Nitin :) . Nitin was the only one to go back home. He gave lots of fundas about 'not going to office on saturdays' and his Manager telling him to work long hours. But we had already made up our minds.

Office is not as empty as I thought it would be. Sumit was here (he is a colleague from IIT Kharagpur, working with me in the same team) and some more people were visible across cubicles. The first thing I did was to add lots of songs in my playlist. I had plans of getting the headphones and some songs' CDs to office but there was no time. After I dont know how long I am blogging like this without any tension of less time or more work or anything. It feels so good. I dont exactly know why I came to office, I have to figure that out first now :) .

Amal had told me that he will also come on Saturday but I guess he ditched me as he is offline on GTalk. BTW, GTalk is good. I guess Ymsngr has more features and stuff, but I like chatting on GTalk. One best thing it has is that it stores previous messages too and one bad thing about it is that we cant send offline mesgs. Anyways, this blog was not to discuss this. Yesterday I reached home at 10:30 :)) . Mom called me at 10:15 and she was furious to know that I was in office till so long. But I assured her that it is alright, afterall we have 2 holidays in a week :) . It was not only work that had made me stay in office for so long yesterday. Yes! work was there but in parallel I did lots of other things. We went to play TT at 7:45 or so. After playing 2-3 matches I gave the racket to somebody and sat on the sofa to wait for my next turn. Our super-duper (short for 3 years senior :) ) senior Kranthi was sitting there. I had not talked to him for quiet long after joining so I also sat beside him and we started chatting.

After talking about simple stuff like 'wt do u do on weekends' and 'when do u leave generally' I asked him about the guy who was with him. He was Cyrax. I recalled his face from the R&D showcase when I had a looooooong chat with him about my FYP (Display-Wall) in which he was quiet interested. That time we were feeling about him as Ummm! he works with Fx-Labs! wow! must be good. After that I had never seen him. In the mean time Cyrax's TT game had got over and he also joined us. I reminded him of R&D showcase, display wall etc and he finally remembered me. After 5 minutes of again the 'simple stuff' I thought of leaving. But our discussion took a turn and it turned into quiet a serious one.

I stayed there for half an hour chatting with them seeing 3 years of experience speaking candidly. They had been in my state already and knew exactly what it means to be in a big company for 3 months after completing 'fourrr' years in IIIT. Here I have said '3' months and 'fourrrr' years to emphasize the length of the fourrrr years as compared to a trivial 3 months. It was really nice talking to them.

Just added them on orkut. Yeah! so where am I. Hmm! so right now I am going to start some browsing. Will get a tea first I guess.

Good to be back!!!!

4 comments:

Rakesh said...

... gud going... Chandooo !!

Anonymous said...

Me too was at work on saturday.. and i vowed never to go to work on a weekend :( And btw what detergent do u use to wash those clothes of urs? :D

Sreejith said...

Me too was at work on saturday.. and i vowed never to go to work on a weekend :( And btw what detergent do u use to wash those clothes of urs? :D

Vardhman said...

Nice to see you blogging back. And Yeah you are to fast in washing clothes...