Friday, February 18, 2005

R&D showcase

Now that the R&D showcase is pretty close (11th march) old days are back again. For knowing what exactly I mean by old days just see the time of post...I just came from CVIT after finishing off one module of FYP ... finally jpeg splitting started working...today afternoon I had posted a funny mesg here and nite it got over...The memories of last 'show-case' are still fresh in our minds when Nitin,Amal,Shekhar,Majj,Jagan,Visesh , almost whole of our wing spent sleep-less nights haunting the old CVIT lab...with people sleeping for 1-2 hrs only , that too sometimes (or mostly) in lab itself...Tintin and I were together in our hons project and we also put quiet a lot of work to get things working...the project finally got over just one day before R&D showcase and just the previous night I downloaded a good dataset (WTC mis-hap videos) for demonstration. Finally it all went well. Those two days were pretty busy with people flocking in from all around. Students to companies , there were lots of people...This time I have to demo Chromium's graphics cluster and the Video-splitting cluster on 2x2 monitors...The performance is a big bottleneck when we go to such high extents...so I have to add in lots of optimizations at places...

I am a bit disappointed to see that mostly in the nights the CVIT lab remains empty which was not the case last year. This time we have so many systems in lab, whereas last time there were far less. Today afternoon only I was very much frustrated because the code was not working properly...everything I was expected did not happen...but tonite I started again and it worked like a wonder...I know everything will be over before R&D showcase but still when things dont work out the way u want them to, u feel frustrated...but we should not lose hope...

Today we went to GYM and I had no plans to exercise, already my arms were paining. But parida made me exercise so much that it started paining more. Above that I am sleeping so late now and will get up in time in the morning which will make the pain worse...afterall no pain no gain...Thanks to parida and p-pandey that I am liking this exercise routine in GYM otherwise going to gym was really useless...

Now I feel like watching a movie, but considering the time I think it will be better for me if i sleep...so good night...bye

No comments: