Saturday, November 27, 2004

BUSY BUSY BUSY

hi!



once again life is so busy...after coming back from home (came on 17th night) its just 10 days that have past and I have hardly watched 3-4 movies ... I am sleeping mostly at 3:00 or 4:00 and getting up at 9:00 in these days...what can I do, when I feel 'ok now i should sleep its pretty late' its already 3:00 ... not that I dont feel sleepy, it is just that I am a BIT busy... :) ...



After coming back , my main motive was ACM/FYProject ... in the first 2-3 days I did nothing...absolutely nothing...that brings it down to 20th effectively...then there were DIP project presentations by students, evaluation of DIP answer scripts , FYP - I,II (Display wall, streaming) meetings (with nirnimesh for doing work, and prof PJN for getting work) , IT for power project, PR project, Speech Project and yes! ACM preperation...



All this just came together...now IT for power project is finally over with consistent efforts of Dixit, Girish,Anubhav and me :) ... PR project is near completion finally with Jagmohan, Vardhman , ACM preperation is going a bit slowly as time is less... Speech project is going fine as I am guiding groups to work instead of working myself :) ... DIP is still half done...



I have also got TAship for 'Introduction to Visualization' course for the next semester...though I never took that course but the professor will teach basics with the help of VTK toolkit which I have already learnt in GE when I was doing summer internship ...



There is also this jogging in evening...Gaurav and I started it and now we have so many people intersted, first it was dixit , then ranta, now anand...cool!!! even ketan wants to join ... we jog around the IBM building and the open air theatre in our Institute...



ACM regionals in Bombay has this another issue now ... they r not allowing ppl have done their 12th before 2000 so Rishi and Ravi who were Visesh's partners are disqualified automatically ... even after Prof PJN's efforts its not allowed ... they are giving option to send our team in which case I am screwed as I have FYP viva from 6th to 9th which exactly clashes with it...and we r leaving for kanpur on 12th for ACM regionals



I have learnt one thing in past 3-4 months...project management....the best way to learn 'project management' is to manage projects and improve the ways you go about doing anything ... one thing for sure...if u r really involved in the projects/work u r doing u wont be sitting anytime...u will be running ... u might be running late but still u would be running...getting things done, planning out possibilities, utilizing resources, and yes always keeping ur brain@work...



Our plan is to go to kanpur and stay in IIT kanpur for 2 days for contest...we will also go to vidit's place...then we will take a train to Delhi and will reach there by early morning ... we will take a taxi/minibus to shimla from there and reach shimla by 12 noon...we will have one full day to roam in shimla...and a whole night to enjoy...we will wake up in the morning and take a bus to ranta's place...we will spend that day or one more day in ranta's home and come back to Shimla...from shimla we have to come to Delhi for which timings are not finalized as some people might like reaching Delhi in morning while others might want to reach in evening...after that a small 10 day holiday at home....where I would prefer that Didi wont have any big plans as I want to stay at home....last year we went to Kullu-Manali (me and both sisters) in December...the trip was great and the weather was good but this time I just want to rest in home...meet friends etc....



Tomorrow morning there is a presentation by Karteek/Sashikumar on 'Image based Rendering' at 10:00 AM , I had planned that I will sleep atleast till lunch on this sunday morning and now this has come up...its already 3:57 AM , again only 5 hrs of sleep :)) ... already I cancelled our programme for going to '10K run' which is scheduled tomorrow morning...and for which ketan sent my name without asking... nonsense ... we had to report at 6:30 at neckalace road...that would mean starting from institute at 5:00 or so...if I had not cancelled it I would have got a full 30-40 minutes to sleep :))) ....



My phone is also out of money...ATM card has to be activated in which I foolishly deposited all the money I had...now I dont have money to get Cash-Card and no money in phone to call up SBH to activate the card :)) ...

so nowadays I am roaming without my N-Gage :(



We also met our DEAN prof Govindarajulu regarding the attendance rules today...till now there has been no outcome ... probably we will have to wait till monday, lets see what happens...



bye!

Sandeep

No comments: